Below is a guide to features planned for future verisons of cfRegex. It is not a guarantee of features that will be implemented, it is only the current plans, which may change at any time.
Specifically, if there is not enough interest in a feature, or it is too difficult to implement in a sensible way, it is likely to be put on hold until a later version.
This release will focus on bugfixes and polish. There will be no new functionality added to core.
- Railo Extension for easy installation.
- Code samples to verify installation worked.
- Install scripts for ColdFusion and OpenBD will be added, if there is demand.
- RegexMatcher object to provide greater control when doing complicated matching.
- Admin configuration screen, where server-level default values can be set.
- Ability to pre-set the default replacement variable when compiling a pattern.
- Ability to control modes using individual boolean arguments/attributes.
These features have not been allocated to a particular release.
- Configurable regex engine selection.
- Translate action, to allow conversion between different syntaxes.
- Interactive logging of matches, for debugging/optimising.
- Regex syntax highlighting for popular CFML IDEs.
- Additional vars for replacement string and callback functions.
- OpenBD plugin for built-in tag and functions.
History of Changes
This section lists only the most recent changes. A full changelog is included in the downloaded packages.
- Supports: Railo 3.3.3
- Supports: Java 1.6 and Java 1.7
- Changed: Renamed parameter Flags to Modes for action Compile.
- Supports: Railo 3.2.3
- Added: Argument CallbackData to match,replace,split.
- Added: Argument GroupNames passed to callbacks for match,replace,split.
- Added: cfregex tag now accepts action as attribute name for easier readability.
- Added: Replace Replacement now accepts mixed arrays (combination of strings and functions).
- Changed: Split limit is number of times split is performed, not size of result.
- Changed: Escape ReturnType class now tidies up duplicate characters and converts tabs/newlines.
- Changed: Converted Matches to use ReturnType for consistency (previous argument style still supported).
- Fixed: Match has incorrect returntype of "any", instead of "array".
- Fixed: Match ReturnType full had bug when GroupNames provided.
- Fixed: Split not working when callback function used.
- Fixed: RegexEscape and RegexQuote functions required input that compiled to a regex.